Dental Implants at Palmetto Family Dental
Every smile tells a story, and at Palmetto Family Dental, we've been privileged to be a part of thousands of them.
What are dental implants?
Dental implants are titanium posts surgically placed into the jawbone, acting as artificial tooth roots. Once healed, they provide a stable foundation for supporting replacement teeth, such as crowns, bridges, or dentures.
Why should I consider dental implants?
Dental implants offer numerous benefits:
- Natural Appearance: They look, feel, and function like natural teeth.
- Durability: With proper care, implants can last a lifetime.
- Bone Health: They prevent jawbone deterioration that occurs with missing teeth.
- Improved Oral Health: Unlike bridges, no adjacent teeth are reduced. More of your natural teeth are left untouched, improving long-term oral health.
- Eating and Speaking: Speak clearly and eat your favorite foods without hesitation. Explore our restorative services for more options.
How is the dental implant procedure performed?
The procedure involves placing the titanium implant into the jawbone. Once the implant integrates with the bone (a process called osseointegration), an abutment is attached to the implant, which will hold the replacement tooth. Finally, a custom-made crown, bridge, or denture is placed over the abutment. Learn more about our dental crowns and bridges services.
How long do dental implants last?
With proper care and regular dental check-ups, dental implants can last a lifetime. The crown or prosthetic might require replacement after 10-15 years due to wear and tear.