Dental Implant Restoration at Palmetto Family Dental
Every smile tells a story, and at Palmetto Family Dental, we've been privileged to be a part of thousands of them.
What is dental implant restoration?
Dental implant restoration refers to the procedure of replacing or repairing the visible part (crown) of a dental implant. While the implant itself is designed to last a lifetime, the crown may require replacement or restoration due to wear, damage, or aesthetic reasons.
Why might I need dental implant restoration?
Reasons for considering dental implant restoration include:
- Wear and Tear: Over time, the crown can wear down, especially if made of porcelain or ceramic.
- Damage: Accidents or trauma can lead to chipping or breaking of the crown.
- Aesthetic Changes: Over time, the color of the surrounding natural teeth may change, making the crown stand out.
- Implant Complications: Issues like implant loosening or infections may necessitate restoration.
Benefits of dental implant restoration
- Aesthetic Appeal: Restore the natural look of your smile.
- Functionality: Regain the full function of your teeth for chewing and speaking.
- Durability: Modern restorations are designed to be long-lasting.
- Comfort: A well-fitted restoration feels and functions like a natural tooth.
- Protection: Protect the underlying implant and bone structure.
The dental implant restoration process
The process begins with a thorough examination to assess the condition of the implant and the crown. If the implant is in good condition, only the crown may need replacement or repair. Impressions are taken to create a custom-fit crown that matches the color, shape, and size of your natural teeth. Once ready, the new crown is securely attached to the implant, ensuring a comfortable and functional fit.